The Monsoon Masterclass is a rigorous blend of daily classroom sessions, project analysis, editing, 1 on 1 portfolio reviews and career guidance discussions which will culminate into a public slide show, a print exhibition as well as a publication of works of each photographer from the workshop. There will also be nightly public lectures with the Master instructors and the photographer in residence.
3 – 7th December, 2013
USD520 payable via PayPal.
Registration is on the 2nd of December at 6pm. You must be present for this as there will be a briefing by the Masterclass organisers. This will also be your first point of contact with your instructor and as a class you will plan out your schedules and class plan. You are advised to arrive a few days in advance to get a feel of Klang and figure out possible story ideas.
• 1 on 1 portfolio review and career guidance (30 min)
• Evening lectures by Masterclass faculty and visiting photographers or curators
• Final work to be exhibited via a public projection on the night of the 7th of Dec 2013
• A publication of your work in the masterclass book
• A print exhibition of your works, curated by the Masterclass in January/Feb 2014 (dates pending)
• Your fees do not cover any transport, food or lodging. The fee is strictly for the masterclass programme you’ve signed up for.
• You are expected to have your own travel and personal insurance for your self and your equipment.
• You will need to sort out your own visas and any travel documentation.
• You must look into personal inoculations prior to the workshop.
• Your participation on this workshop is on your own risk. You and your representatives will not hold the masterclass organisers or any of its agents, staff, sponsors and affiliates responsible for any injury, death, or any loss, before, during or anytime after the programme.
Please note that this Masterclass requires the student to be present for the entire 5 days without interruption. You will be required to work day and night, working out your project with your class, attending lectures, shooting, editing and expanding your project. The masterclass simulates what it would be like to work on a project of your own and you will be required to work independently.